Monday 12 December 2016

Sleepy Hollow Guide Tour


For the course "Recursos Culturales y Literarios para la Enseñanza de la Lengua Extranjera" (Cultural and Literary Resources for the Teaching of a Foreign Language), we had to prepare an activity related to the short story "The legend of Sleepy Hollow", by Washington Irving, better known because of the Headless Horseman. 




I chose to organise a guide tour around Sleepy Hollow, the town where the story took place. 

I used Google Maps to create a map with the most interesting places there. Click on the image to see the result: 


Then, I used Google Earth to show the town.To record the screen, I used Screencast-O-Matic, a free license programme. Finally, I edited the video using Windows Movie Maker. Click on the image to watch the video:

 
While the video was playing, I explained all the historic places. It can be an interesting activity to develop in class, so children can "walk" through the city or town where the story took place, or even following instructions.



No comments:

Post a Comment